McGinnis Oil Company

 

 

McGinnis Oil Company was established in 1927 at 98 Main Street in Collierville, Tennessee by Wiley W. McGinnis. Upon his death in 1959, his grandson, Herman W. Cox, Jr. took over the business and continued the service-oriented operation until his death in 2003. Great-grandsons, Jim and Bill Cox, continue the operation today. In addition, to the company wholesale offices, the original full-service gas station is still open 6-days a week at 98 Main Street, on the Historic Square in Collierville.